Have you ever thought about making the commitment of actually moving to Ireland? Hear from Brian Casey – Briain Ó Casathaigh – who moved to Ireland in 2013. His first ever trip to Ireland was only during the year before that. They sold just about everything, and made the leap.
What you’ll hear
- What steps to take to contact those who have already moved to Ireland before you
- How to learn Irish before and after getting to Ireland
- The pay-off for learning to speak Irish: a way of embracing your Irish heritage
Mentioned in the show
- Culture Shock! Ireland book on Amazon.com
- Felicity Hayes McCoy’s book The House on an Irish Hillside on Amazon. Listen to our previous interview with Felicity on the Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast.
- Our new book The Irish Language: Your Key to Gaelic Ireland
- Travel places: Clonmacnoise, the Cliffs of Moher, and Castlebar
- St. Patrick’s Day: take our free Bitesize lesson
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.